Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Miss Bride in the City" ~ Erica


This week's featured bride is Miss Erica!! We cannot wait for her fabulous wedding at Casa Feliz in a couple of weeks. We are busy in the office finalizing all of her details and keeping her as stress free as possible! :) Her colors are blue, brown and burgundy and she and Chad are expecting around 90 guests (the perfect number according to Erica)

When did you get engaged? March 6, 2009


When is the Big Day? May 15, 2010



Who are the Wedding Vendors you have already decided to hire?


Photography: Leigh Taylor Photography

Catering: Arthur’s Catering

Cake: Anna Cakes

Florist: Carly Ane’s Floral Studio

DJ: White Rose Entertainment

Ceremony/ Cocktail Hour Music: Mark DeHaven, Guitarist

Officiant: Rev. Glynn Ferguson

Outdoor Lighting: Kaleidoscope Production Services

MakeUp: Meghann Davis

Seamstress: Jeanine

Tuxes: Men’s Wearhouse

Bridesmaid Dresses: David’s Bridal


What is your venue and why did you choose it?


Chad and I were pretty particular about what we wanted in a wedding venue. I wanted something “vintage” with a little history and neither of us wanted it in a hotel or ballroom. We also wanted our wedding not to feel and look like every other wedding that we’ve been to. I was also very particular about the aesthetics. I refused to even consider a place that had parquet dance flooring or banquet chairs. Casa Feliz met all of our criteria and more.




What are you most excited about for your wedding day?


Chad and I have been together for seven and a half years so I am excited for the entire day but especially the part where we say our vows to each other and thus become Husband and Wife, FINALLY!



Are you keeping a wedding blog while you plan? Why is this helpful?


Yes I am! Who knows if anyone ever reads it but I blog, or try to blog weekly. I find it helpful because it keeps all my wedding ideas and thoughts in one place. It is also an easy way to keep our bridal party and parents up to date on what is going on with the planning.



Is there anything you are nervous about for your wedding day?


Rain! Our ceremony and reception are outdoors. I try not to think about it because I don’t have the weather reports for our day yet.



What is your wedding theme going to be? What inspired it?


Our Vintage theme is actually inspired by our venue, Casa Feliz. This historic house inspired everything from our wedding colors down to the smallest detail like our cake topper. This property is gorgeous and I didn’t want to take away from any of it so I deliberately tried to choose things that would compliment Casa Feliz.




Where are you planning to go for your honeymoon?


Aruba! A whole week of no email, work or phone calls. Heavenly!



What are some of your favorite wedding planning tools (websites, blogs, books, etc)?


The Knot’s Message Boards, Hot Pink Brides, Style Me Pretty and Ruffled.



Is your husband-to-be helping with the planning? What are his jobs?


Yes, Chad, AKA “Corporate Approval” is involved in the planning. When I first started planning I thought I was going to do this all on my own but I found out relatively fast that he had opinions, especially about the cake topper. Who would of thought?! His only Solo jobs are setting up the Rehearsal Lunch and the honeymoon but he has been involved in helping to decide everything from vendors to wedding favors.



What is your best advice to brides who are currently planning their weddings?


Get organized, go with your gut and try to take things with a grain of salt. Notice how I say “try”. It is easier said then done and I have yet to master this but I’m still attempting to take my own advice.

Also, for your own sanity, get a Day of Coordinator. I don’t know what I would do without Ashlie. I didn’t plan on getting a “DOC” because I’m a control freak and thought I could do it all myself until I realized enjoying my own wedding day was more important than worrying about all the details and set-up. She is the Yin to my Yang and always calms me down when I’m having a crisis over candles or flowers. She has been an amazing help so far, becoming a really good friend, and worth every penny.



Are you planning to see each other before the ceremony? Why or why not?


We are not a traditional couple so we are planning on doing a first look. I think the moment when you a couple sees each other for the first time, whether it be walking down the aisle or not, is personal and I didn’t want to share that with everyone. I wanted something just for us. I also anticipate that I am going to be a happy, but emotional train wreck, so I figure if I see him before I won’t be totally loosing it while I’m walking down the isle.


What are three words that describe how you feel right now?


Elated, Excited, and Anxious.


No comments:

Post a Comment